a day in the life of jemima kirke

Donnerstag, 17. April 2014



7:55 a.m.: I don’t shoot Girls that often. Even when we’re filming, I only shoot a couple of times a week. This morning, like most mornings, my daughter, Rafaella, woke me up. I would never set an alarm—that would be too wishful.

8:08 a.m.: Today the plan was to paint in our basement apartment. It was supposed to be a rental, but I begged my husband [Michael Mosberg] to give me a year using it as a studio.

8:49 a.m.: I’m no chef, but if we need lunch or dinner I can whip something up. My son, Memphis, eats eggs with smoked salmon. He’s 1. He eats everything. He’s massive.

9:03 a.m.: Mike and I got married to the song “Sea of Love.” The mermaid tattoo was a little tribute to that. He has lots that are tributes to me. When he gets any girls tattooed on him, he’s always like, “Can you make their butt bigger, and can you make the hair long?” 

9:27 a.m.: We trade off kids all the time, so here I had Rafa. Her room is really pink. It’s definitely got confidence, that pink. She doesn’t care. She’s 3.

9:41 a.m.: Mike came in after my shower. Anytime he catches me naked he gives me a hug, but really he just wants to grab my butt.

9:50 a.m.: Mike leaves earlier than I do. He does all kinds of stuff. He’s one of those. Right now he’s trying to open a rehab center in Red Hook. That’s his daily grind.

10:08 a.m.: There was no school that day, so I took Rafa to the library.

10:39 a.m.: I don’t have, like, a mommy group, God forbid, where we talk about our kids. That’s a little bit of my nightmare.

12:43 p.m.: But I do have friends in the neighborhood who have kids who are just good women. We talk about other things. 

2:13 p.m.: Here I was doing an interview with a woman from an art magazine in Amsterdam. The tattoo on my foot is my dog Rozy’s name. I got it because he wasn’t getting enough attention lately. 

4:38 p.m.: I mainly paint women, people I know. They’re flattered, usually, until they see it. I thought my trainer, Cadence, had such an incredible body, and so I asked her if I could paint her instead of working out.

5:51 p.m.: Sometimes Rafa takes her bath before dinner. The only way she doesn’t fight me is if I get in with her. I didn’t feel like fighting her today.


7:22 p.m.: We do Shabbat sometimes. Mike went to Yeshiva law school. He’s super-Jew and super-corporate. That’s why I was so attracted to him when I met him: the contradiction.

 10:32 p.m.: Brian is Mike’s best friend. He’s there most nights after the kids go to bed. 

He’s the best for stick-and-pokes, because he doesn’t give a shit what I give him. He has “eat me” on his calf from me.

11:27 p.m.: Usually we have people over till about midnight, and then Mike and I hang out. We watch a movie or TV every night. He falls asleep, but I’m compulsive about it. I can’t not finish something.

[VIA]
12:38 a.m.: Walking Rozy is such a bitch in the cold. He doesn’t even want to go. We just do it so he won’t shit in the house. 


Mein Lieblings-GIRL ist sicher Jessa (Jemima Kirke). Hier seht ihr einen "normalen" Tag im Leben der Künstlerin/Schauspielerin.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

DYWYHSM All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger